H.O.T. Clay Meeting, March 17th, 2017
Meeting called by: Ariel Bowman
Note-taker: Alison Gensmer
- Future Meeting Agendas
- O.T. Officer Positions
- Spring Sale Dates
- Currents Update
- Spring 2018 Visiting Artist Nominations
- Thanks for Art Bash Participation
- Gator Glaze-A-Thon
Next meeting: March 31st, 2017
Future Meeting Agendas:
- March 31 – Vote on officers
- April 14 – Vote on sculpture visiting artist
- Portland, March 22nd -25th
- Alumni Party at Spirit of 77 Sports Bar, Thursday, March 23rd
H.O.T. Clay Officer Positions:
- Interested? Run for…
- President: runs meetings, attends meetings for broader organizations, delegates, makes sure everything gets done on time, keeping club active with university, finding great animal memes, power in deciding what the club may or may not do, mainly run the meetings
- Vice President: In charge of Currents Art show, pick jurors, and all of the things that go into putting up a show
- Treasurer: Working with student government, and activities and involvement, making sure artists get paid, balances books at sales, sees commission for members and make sure everyone gets paid as well as putting the money back into the club.
- Secretary: checks Gmail, takes notes at meetings and sends out minutes and announcements, photographs events
- Executive at Large: Tries to act as personal assistant to President and Vice President, advertises Facebook and event pages, work on details of things.
- Elections take place on March 31st
- Reitz Union front entrance, Tuesday and Wednesday, March 28th/29th, 9am-4pm
- Spread the word!
- More info will be sent in email
- Installing weekend of meeting, if you would like to volunteer
- In the Gary R. Libby Gallery. Opening on March 30th, 5:30-7:30pm
- Big “thank you” to Carin for the enormous amount of work to get this together, work with the gallery, and make the poster
Spring 2018 Visiting Artist Nominations:
- Email your nominations to Izzy at email@example.com by April 10th
- We will vote on April 14th
- If your nomination is chosen you are the artist’s liaison. This is a chance to get to know the artist personally. Graduating seniors can pass on their liaison spot to someone else. There are procedures and forms to help guide you through the liaison process.
- Things to consider when nominating:
- Do they do workshops?
- Is their technique interesting to watch?
- Do they have a references?
- Do they have good connections?
- What stage are they in their career, i.e. emerging, mid-career, etc.?
- Student Government increased our budget to $1500 for next year.
- Come to Nan if you need ideas
Thanks for Art Bash Participation:
- Good job on Art Bash, H.O.T. Clay!
- Classrooms and student work was amazing, so thank you everyone for your volunteering!
- After the meeting gators were molded and glazed for NCECA
Door Prize: Izzy
Next Meeting: March 31st