H.O.T. Clay Meeting, September 23rd, 2016
Meeting called by: Ariel Bowman
Note-taker: Lydia Knowles
- Chandra DeBuse – Fall 2017
- Visiting Lecturer: Tanya Hartman
- Re-Branding update and logo contest
- Fall Sale
- NCECA Alumni Reunion
- Gator Glaze-a-Thon
- Mug library volunteers
- Email entries for our new logo to email@example.com by midnight on November 17th.
Next meeting: November 18th. See you there!
Fall Visiting Lecturer Tanya Hartman
- November 10-11 – Studio visits. There will be a sign-up sheet for this.
- Lecture November 10 at 6pm
- The new logo should:
- Be representative of H.O.T. Clay and UF
- Be legible in multiple sizes
- Be appropriate for our organization
The new logo will be used on H.O.T. Clay posters, letter head, t-shirts.
Email entries to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Nov. 17th. We will vote on new logo at November 18th meeting (prize to winners).
- Wednesday and Thursday, November 16th and 17th
- Reitz Union main entrance
- To sell your work:
- Work at least two shifts at the sale
- Fill out inventory sheets correctly and put corresponding price stickers on your work
- Set up in the morning, and take down your work both days. If you have a conflict you must designate someone to be in charge of your work.
- 50% goes to you, 50% to H.O.T. Clay
- All gator sales will go 100% to H.O.T. Clay to fund NCECA travel
- We need a team to volunteer to help with publicity
- Thanks to G.V., Izzy, and Stephanie for making the poster
NCECA Alumni Reunion:
- The School of Art and Art History will match a donation from H.O.T. Clay up to $350 for food
- Paige makes a motion for H.O.T. Clay to donate $350. G.V. seconds the motion. 16 for. None against. None abstaining. Motion passes.
- Sunday, November 13th at 7pm in the glaze lab
- If you are not taking a class in ceramics you must sign a waiver from Derek
- We will use H.O.T. underglazes and low fire glaze
- Make sure to put any gators you have on the bisque cart to make sure they are fired before the glaze-a-thon
- Ariel will have a kiln signed out
- There are 5 new cup submissions that need blurbs written about them (usually taken from the artist’s website) and to be photographed and be catalogued before they are entered into the mug library.
- Email: email@example.com
“Gainesville Scene” Event
- Online newspaper is celebrating change of ownership with event in Depot Park on the evening of the 17th.
- If you are interested in demonstrating or selling work at this event email Izzy at firstname.lastname@example.org. More info forthcoming.
Door Prize: Janet
Next Meeting: November 18th