H.O.T. Clay Meeting, October 21st, 2016
Meeting called by: Carin Sankus
Note-taker: Lydia Knowles
- Visiting Artist – Thank you card for Sunshine Cobb
- Visiting Lecturer: Tanya Hartman
- Fall Sale
- Mold Make-a-Thon
- Mug Library
- Fall 2017 Visiting Artist Nominations
- Possibility of bringing in special effects makeup artist
- Email entries for our new logo to email@example.com by midnight on November 3rd.
- See Stephanie to create the poster for the fall sale and volunteer for the publicity team.
Next meeting: November 4th. See you there!
Fall Visiting Lecturer Tanya Hartman:
- November 10-11 – Studio visits. There will be a sign-up sheet for this.
- November 10 – Lecture.
- The new logo should:
⁃ Be representative of H.O.T. Clay and UF
⁃ Be legible in multiple sizes
⁃ Be appropriate for our organization
- The new logo will be used on H.O.T. Clay posters, letter head, t-shirts.
Email entries to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Nov. 3rd. We will vote on new logo at November 4th meeting (prize to winners).
• Wednesday and Thursday, November 16th and 17th
• Reitz Union main entrance
• Each person is responsible for setting up and tearing down their work and signing-up for two shifts to man the tables
• Need a team to volunteer to help with publicity
• One volunteer to create H.O.T. Clay poster (See Stephanie)
• Molds are ready to be used. Pick them up from B12.
• Clay for the gators is in B20 in front of the reclaim area
• Glaze-a-Thon TBD before fall sale
• There are 5 new cup submissions that need blurbs written about them (usually taken from the artist’s website) and to be photographed and be catalogued before they are entered into the mug library.
• Email: email@example.com
Visiting artist (vessel-maker) for Fall 2017:
- 1st: Chandra DeBuse
- 2nd: Sam Chung
- 3rd: Beth Lo
Possibility of bringing in special effects makeup artist:
• Scott Fensterer
• Ailynda makes motion to vote at the next meeting on whether or not to sponsor his visit. GV seconds motion.
Next Meeting: November 4th