H.O.T. Clay Meeting, September 23rd, 2016
Meeting called by: Ariel Bowman
Note-taker: Lydia Knowles
- Visiting Artist: Sunshine Cobb
- Visiting Lecturer: Tanya Hartman
- Fall 2017 Visiting Artist Nominations
- Reynold’s Demonstrations
- Officers’ Assistants
- Fall Sale
- Mold Make-a-Thon
- Email Izzy at email@example.com with nominations for Fall 2017 visiting artist
Next meeting: October 7th. See you there!
- New Member surveys
- Fine Arts College Council budget:
- Increase of $500 per semester available for visiting artists – now $1500 per semester
- Budget for Currents show $1000
- Budget for NCECA $1400
- Board of College Council request ideas. Individual members can request travel or event funding.
- Student Organization Fair and WARP tabling events
- Camera and laptop equipment check-out available in B12
Sunshine Cobb Visiting Artist Demonstrations and Lecture:
- Demonstrations: October 12, 9:00-4:30 and October 13, 9:00-11:30
- Artist Lecture: October 12, 6pm
- Sign-up will begin at the next meeting for helping with event
- Need at least 3 volunteers to put up posters around campus and town
Fall Visiting Lecturer Tanya Hartman
- Funding approved by BOCC
- November 10-11 Studio visits. Lecture November 10.
Visiting artist (vessel-maker) for Fall 2017:
- Voting for visiting artist for next fall will occur at October 21st meeting
- To nominate an artist, send a name and three images of work to Izzy: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Derek suggests Ted Neal – we could get a kiln built from having him demonstrate
Reynolds Advanced Materials workshops:
- Rescheduled: Tuesday, October 18th, and Thursday, November 3rd
- 3-6pm in Room B14
- If you’re interested in a leadership role or want to be more involved with H.O.T. Clay
- Work one-on-one with an officer to learn more about being a board member of H.O.T.
- Help distribute information, organize events, and volunteers
- Attend board meetings
- Introducing NCECA to new members
- To receive money to help reimburse NCECA costs, you must be an active member
- Joey talks about first-time NCECA experience
- Should we re-brand?
- New logo, t-shirts, letterhead, website and blog
- Try to get a graphic design graduate student to design it, or hold a design competition among members?
- Ailynda makes motion to re-brand the club. GV seconds the motion. 19 for. 1 abstaining. 0 against. Motion passes.
- Wednesday and Thursday, November 16th and 17th
- Location: working on getting location at the Reitz Union
- Gator business card holders for sale
- Can be used at NCECA to promote program
- Ariel will make one prototype to make press molds from
- Need volunteers to make more gator originals
- Need volunteers to make clay? Any unused clay would go to the person who made it.
- Need volunteers to make gators from the molds throughout the semester
- Sabrina, Joey, Janet, Chris, Sarah, Gillian, Lydia want to make gator originals
- Mold Make-a-Thon Friday, September 30th, with pizza. Time TBA.
- Glaze-a-Thon will happen closer to the sale
- O.T. Clay will purchase the plaster for the molds
- Proceeds from sale of the gators will go entirely to H.O.T. Clay
Door Prize: Christina won.
Next Meeting: October 7th