H.O.T. Clay Meeting, September 9th, 2016
Meeting called by: Ariel Bowman
Note-taker: Lydia Knowles
- Visiting Artist: Sunshine Cobb
- Visiting Lecturer: Tanya Hartman
- Fall Sale
- Art Bash
- Show Opportunities
- Email Lydia at email@example.com if you want to attend either or both of the Reynolds workshops
- Email Izzy at firstname.lastname@example.org with nominations for Fall 2017 visiting artist
Next meeting: September 23. See you there!
Welcome to H.O.T. Clay and the new school year:
- Mission statement
- Thanks to our officers and advisor from last year: Paige Ward, Bridget Fairbank, Christina Carfora, Ediel Dominquez, Senta Achée, and Nan Smith.
- Fall semester meeting dates:
- We follow Robert’s Rules of Order in making club decisions
- New board members
President: Ariel Bowman
Vice-President: Carin Sankus
Treasurer: Ailynda Ho
Secretary: Lydia Knowles
Executive at Large: Stephanie Wilhelm
Advisor: Nan Smith
Sunshine Cobb Visiting Artist Demonstrations and Lecture:
- Demonstrations: October 12, 9:00-4:30 and October 13, 9:00-11:30
- Artist Lecture: October 12, 6pm
- Sign-up will begin soon for helping with event
Visiting artist (vessel-maker) for Fall 2017:
- Voting for visiting artist for next fall will occur at October 21st meeting. Email nominations to Izzy: email@example.com.
Fall visiting lecturer:
- Tanya Hartman: painting instructor at University of Kansas
- We aim to have the Board of College Council cover her $600 honorarium
- Dates: November 10-11.
- We have voted to have her lecture. Votes: For – 17. Against – 0. Abstain – 0.
Reynolds Advanced Materials workshops:
- September 15, 3-6pm, and October 18, 3-6pm. Room B14.
- Only 25 spaces, so email Lydia at firstname.lastname@example.org with which days you want to attend.
- Potential dates: November 9 and 10, Reitz Union.
- Might be problematic. Will discuss other dates at next meeting.
- Gator business card holders for sale
- Can be used at NCECA to promote program
- Ariel will make prototype to make press molds from. Need volunteers to make the molds at Make-a-Thon and make gators throughout the semester.
- Glaze-a-Thon will happen closer to the sale
- H.O.T. Clay will purchase the plaster for the molds
- Proceeds from sale of the gators will go entirely to H.O.T. Clay
- We have voted to make this a club project. Votes: For – 16. Against – 0. Abstain – 0.
- Moved to spring
- February 24
- H.O.T. Sale, demonstrations, showcase of student work
- Potter’s Council Juried Exhibition. Deadline: October 28, 2016. Displayed at NCECA.
- NCECA Fellowships – undergraduate, graduate, mulitcultural. Deadline: October 19, 2016. UF program has had history of awarded fellowships.
- NCECA Student Show. Deadline: September 28, 2016.
Door Prize: Stephanie won.
Birthdays: Celebrated September birthdays.
Next Meeting: September 23.