H.O.T.Clay Meeting, January 29th, 2016
Meeting called by: Paige Ward
Note Taker: Senta Achée
- Mingchun Zhang “THANK YOU!”
- Happy Birthday, Dolly!
- Testimony Volunteers
- Attendance Sheet
- Booth Volunteer
- Grinter Gallery Show – Trading Places
- Harn Family Day
- Patti Warashina
- Spring Sale 2016
- Snack Team Volunteer
We have a FACEBOOK page: H.O.T.Clay
We have an INSTAGRAM account: @ufhotclay
- Sign up for Trading Places committee. Sign up sheet is located on the HOT Clay board in the hallway.
- Sign-up if you are going to NCECA!
- Sign-up for “Trading Places” installation volunteer!
- Put “Trading Places” team names and work title in the labeled envelope on the H.O.T. Clay board by January 5th, 2016!
- Sign-up to volunteer for snack duty!
- Help clean up pedestal area!
- Help organize HOT Clay tools cabinet!
Next meeting: February 12th, 2016! See you there!
“THANK YOU!” Mingchun Zhang:
- Go check out Mingchun Zhang work! His studio is located in B10!
Happy Birthday, Dolly Parton:
A big thanks to everyone who brought snacks! A special thanks to Linda Arbuckle for baking a beautiful birthday cake!
NCECA Testimony Volunteer:
We were hoping to have someone talk at one of our upcoming meetings about their personal experience at NCECA. Nothing formal. If you are interested in sharing please email or see Paige.
- Ailynda & GV both showed interest in speaking.
NCECA Attendance Sheet:
We need to know who is attending NCECA for funding. The number of people going to NCECA will determine how much funding individuals get.
NCECA Booth Volunteer:
We will have sign-up sheets with time slots available closer to NCECA date.
- You can schedule your time around your schedule
- Booth is open Wed. Thurs. Fri. from 9am -5pm
- 2/3 people per time slot
If you have any questions about NCECA please email: UFHOTCLAY@gmail.com
Grinter Gallery Show: “Trading Places”
- Installation will take place on February 17th, 2016 from 8am-2pm
- The Opening will be on March 11th, 2016 @6pm
- Please sing up to be on the “Trading Places” committee.
There was a motion to move the installation date to Feb. 17th:
Vote: Yes: 13 No: 0 Abstain: 3
- Work is due Feb. 14th, 2016
- Volunteer sign-up sheets for installation located on the H.O.T. Clay board in the hallway
- If you are interested in making the exhibition poster email Ailynda at: Ailynda@ufl.edu
- Put your team names and work title in the labeled envelope on the H.O.T. Clay board by February 5th. 2016
- Keep working on your projects!
Harn Family Day: Saturday, February 13th, 2016 from 1-4pm
- Sign-up to volunteer at Harn Family Day! There are still many slots open and available!
- This family day is specifically showcasing clay!
- This is a great way to reach out to the community and to promote our program!
Patti Warashina, Spring 2016 Visiting Artist:
- The demo will take place on March 30-31st, 2016
- More details to follow
Spring Sale 2016:
Our usual Wednesday, April 6th date is booked! L
If you are willing to do some investigation on the new Reitz Union Promenade, see Paige.
- Lydia is working on the poster!
Snack Team Volunteer:
We need a few more people to volunteer to help set-up and take-down our coffee and snacks, before and after our meetings!
- The snacks are provided.
Our pedestal area needs a good clean up!
- The pedestals have been undergoing a lack of attention lately. We know everyone is super busy with end of the year deadlines but remember that we are apart of a community! If you have any extra time please help organize the pedestal area. This will prevent hazards!
Organize HOT Clay Cabinet and create and inventory!
- Are there any volunteers willing to help organize the HOT Clay tools cabinet?
- We think it would be a good idea to label the tools in the cabinet and create a inventory list as well as a sign out sheet!
Don’t forget about the Mug Library!
- Check a mug out for a week
- Mug submissions: email Bridget
- 19 mugs total as of now
- Special Collection for library
- Tell your friends and family!
Door prize goes to: Lydia!