H.O.T.Clay Meeting, January 15th, 2016
Meeting called by: Paige Ward
Note Taker: Christina Carfora
- Introduction for New Members & Greetings
- H.O.T. Clay Mission Statement
- Trading Places Update
- Mingchun Lecture
- Harn Family Day
- Museum Nights
- Patti Warashina
- Spring Sale
- H.O.T. Clay Cabinet Clean up
- H.O.T. Clay Camera and Accessory FAQ.
- Board of College Council Requests
- Faculty Show
We have a FACEBOOK page: H.O.T.Clay
We have an INSTAGRAM account: @ufhotclay
- Sign-up for Trading Places installation
- Check out “Into the Fold” at the Harn Museum
- Help organize HOT Clay tools cabinet!
- Visit the Faculty Show at Museum Gallery
- Check out a mug from the Mug Library!
Next meeting: January 29th, 2016! See you there!
Trading Places in Grinter Gallery:
- Ailynda has randomly picked partners and they are available for viewing on the H.O.T. Clay board in the hallway.
- If you did not have a chance to sign-up prior to the selection date you may still participate. Just find yourself a friend/partner to exchange work with.
- Installation is on Feb. 10th. Opening date is March 11th, 2016 at 6pm.
- Wall pieces are desirable.
- We need more volunteers to help with the show. No one has signed-up to help. If you have a few hours to spare please sign-up to and Ailynda!
Visiting Scholar Mingchun Zhang – Jingdezhen Ceramics Institute – Lecture: January 29th, 2016 at 2:20pm
Harn Family Day: Saturday, February 13th, 2016 from 1-4 pm
- This event is centered around the Japanese ceramics exhibit “Into the Fold”
- We expect about 150 attendees.
- There will be throwing and hand building demonstrations.
- There is a volunteer sheet available for those who are interested in participating. It is located on the H.O.T. Clay board.
- The museum is providing funding for the purchasing of clay
- There may be money in the budget to pay for a guest artist.
- If you have not seen the exhibition, GO CHECK IT OUT!
- Participate at Museum Nights at the Harn Museum, April 14th, 2016, from 6-9pm.
- Nan has advised the Advanced Senior ceramic majors to opt out due to the fact that their senior show is VERY close to this date.
- All others are highly encouraged to participate!
Dates: Wednesday, March 30th, 2016 & Thursday, March 31st, 2016
- Patti is one of the matriarchal women of distinction in the ceramics field and holds a life achievement award!
- She is one of the most important artists we’ve recently had.
- She is a professor emeritus at the University of Washington, has a great sense of humor, and is a great instructor.
Dates: Wednesday, April 7th, 2016 & Thursday, April 8th, 2016
Location: Plaza of the Americas
- The Board of Directors made the executive decision not to go back to the Breezeway in the Reitz Union.
H.O.T. Clay Cabinet Clean Up:
- We still need someone to volunteer to help create an inventory list of tools located in the H.O.T. Clay Cabinet.
- We can get H.O.T. Clay to add tools if needed!
- Paige has added 4 extension cords to the cabinet!
- The cabinet is locked and the key is located in B12.
H.O.T. Clay Photography Camera & Accessories:
- Bridget is in charge these items: H.O.T. Clay camera (located in B12), lights (located in B10), computer, and backdrop. (Derek is getting more backdrop paper.) Paige and Bridget have the key.
- You MUST sign out these items. If you sign out an item YOU are responsible for that item. If you break it, you buy it.
- When you are finished using the camera you must upload the images to your own device and delete your images off the camera before you return it to its proper place.
- If you are interested in photographing your work, you must sign out the critique room. The sign-out sheet is located in a folder on the critique space door.
Board of College Council Requests:
- Get funding for student travel, equipment, etc!
- Email your funding ideas to Senta at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are one of the most active student groups on campus. If we spend money we can request more money!
Visit the Faculty Show at the Museum Gallery!
Nan Smith, Anna Calluori Holcombe and Derek Reeverts have work in the show!
Don’t forget about the Mug Library!
- Check a mug out for a week
- Mug submissions: email Bridget
- 19 mugs total as of now
- Special Collection for library
- Tell your friends and family!
Door prize goes to: Tiffani!