H.O.T.Clay Meeting, December 4th, 2015
Meeting called by: Paige Ward
Note Taker: Senta Achée
- Fall Sale THANK YOU
- NCECA Interest
- NCECA Alumni Reunion
- Grinter Gallery Show – Trading Places
- Mingchun Lecture
- Patti Warashina
We have a FACEBOOK page: H.O.T.Clay
We have an INSTAGRAM account: @ufhotclay
- Sign up for Trading Places committee. Sign up sheet is located on the HOT Clay board in the hallway.
- Sign up for our Holiday party potluck! What food will you bring? Sign up sheet is located on the HOT Clay board in the hallway.
- Help clean up pedestal area!
- Help organize HOT Clay tools cabinet!
Next meeting: January 15th, 2016! See you there!
Fall Sale “THANK YOU!”:
We want to thank everyone for volunteering your time and making this year’s Fall Sale so successful! We had such a great time!
- Our Sale totaled $2590!
- HOT Clay made a profit of $1292
We discovered that having the sale in the Plaza of the Americas was more successful than the Reitz Union Breezeway, even in the rain!
- We wanted to get a rough idea of how many people were considering going to NCECA this year.
- We counted about 15 of our members, not including those who did not attend this meeting, showed interest.
- We want to remind our members that HOT Clay wants to help fund your trip to NCECA! Please keep participating in meetings and events. Your participation is important.
- We will discuss NCECA details closer to the date.
NCECA Alumni Reunion
- At NCECA there is a student and alumni event. Each year HOT Clay donates $250 towards food and toward the venue expenses.
- Motion to vote to help donate $250: Adrienne
- Second: Charity
Vote: Yes: 15 No: 0 Abstain: 0
Grinter Gallery Show: “Trading Places”
- Installation will take place on February 10th, 2016
- The Opening will be on March 11th, 2016 @6pm
- Please sing up to be on the “Trading Places” committee.
- Participation will include making work and swapping with another person.
- Each participant will sign up and draw a name from the hat.
- Aylinda has been voted to be the chair woman!
- Bridget motions for Aylinda as chair woman
- Second: Eddie
- Vote: Yes: 16 No: 0 Abstain: 0
- We will need volunteers for the committee. Responsibilites include:
- Making sign up sheets
- Making the list of participation names and swap
- Someone to contact University Gallery to organize publicity – there is funding for publicity! Brian Jager is the coordinator for publicity and has some graphic design skills.
- Organization of pedistals
- Budgeting for food and ordering the food
- This is a great opportunity to curate a show and will be a good resume booster!
Mingchun Zhang: Visiting Scholar Lecture:
- Mingchun joins us from the Jingdezhen Ceramics Institute
- We would like to have Mingchun present for us on either the 15th of the 29th of January 2016, before the HOT Clay meeting.
- Eddie motions to have the lecture take place on the January 29th, 2016
- Second: Adrienne
- Vote: Yes: 15 No: 0 Abstain: 1
Patti Warashina, Spring 2016 Visiting Artist:
- The demo will take place on March 30-31st, 2016
Ceramics Holiday Party:
- December 13th, 2015 11am-2pm @ Nan and Paul’s house
- Don’t forget your gifts
- Don’t forget to sign up for the potluck. What will you bring? Sign up sheet is located on the HOT Clay board
Our pedestal area needs a good clean up!
- The pedestals have been undergoing a lack of attention lately. We know everyone is super busy with end of the year deadlines but remember that we are apart of a community! If you have any extra time please help organize the pedestal area. This will prevent hazards!
Organize HOT Clay Cabinet and create and inventory!
- Are there any volunteers willing to help organize the HOT Clay tools cabinet?
- We think it would be a good idea to label the tools in the cabinet and create a inventory list as well as a sign out sheet!
Don’t forget about the Mug Library!
- Check a mug out for a week
- Mug submissions: email Bridget
- 19 mugs total as of now
- Special Collection for library
- Tell your friends and family!
Door prize goes to: GV!