H.O.T.Clay Meeting, October 16, 2015
Meeting called by: Paige Ward
Note Taker: Senta Achée
- Fall 2016 Vessel Artist Nomination
- Art Bash
- Fall Sale
- Fall Sale Poster
- Julia Galloway
We have a FACEBOOK page: H.O.T.Clay
We have an INSTAGRAM account: #ufhotclay
- Sign up to help with set-up, breakdown, breakfast, and lunch for Julia Galloway’s demonstration! The sign-up sheets are now available on the H.O.T. Clay board!
- The sign-up sheets for the wheel-throwing demonstration, raku firing, and sale during ArtBash are now available on the H.O.T. Clay board!
- Raku ware should be bisque fired and ready for glaze firing by October 28th!
Remember, our next meeting has been moved to: October 23th, See you next week!
Nominations for the Fall 2016 Visiting Artist:
- Here is a list of ALL of the artists that were nominated:
- Martha Grover
- Ayumi Horie
- Daniel Ricardo Teran
- John Gill
- Mike Helke
- Jeff Olstreich
- Doug Casebeer
- Linda Christianson
- Ron Meyers
- Jason Burnett
- Sue Tirrell
- Lauren Gallaspy
- Sunshine Cobb
- The FINAL three, nominations, in order are:
- Sunshine Cobb
- Jason Burnet
- Lauren Gallaspy
- Sign-up sheets are now available on the H.O.T. Clay board located in the hallway; please consider signing up for the raku firing, wheel-throwing demo, and the sale.
- Keep in mind that if you sign up for the sale you MUST BE PRESENT during the set-up, breakdown, and selling sign-up time.
- Your raku objects should be bisque fired and ready for glazing by October 28th. There is still clay for the raku firing available for sign-out!
- If you are selling items during ArtBash you must fill out an inventory sheet. They are located on the H.O.T. Clay board in the hallway. Remember, 50% of all proceeds goes to H.O.T. Clay.
- As a reminder, if you sign up to fire during raku or to sell your items it is expected that you also participate in the communal aspects of this event, i.e. room monitoring or discussions with peers outside of the ceramic community. J
- We will recap all of the information during our next meeting on: October 23th!
Fall Sale Reminder: November, 18th & 19th, Located in the Plaza of the Americas
Fall Sale Poster:
- Ailynda has joined Lydia and Christina with helping get our poster ready for the Fall Sale. It must be completed by Wednesday, October 21st.
- The poster will be voted on the following Friday, October 23rd!
- Nan will proof read the poster and it will then be sent to our director for its final approval
- A BIG thanks to everyone who helped reclaim our clay! It is now ready and located in the mixing room!
Visiting Artist Julia Galloway Dates Have Been Changed:
The demonstration will now take place on November 2st & 3nd
The event takes place all day: First Day: Breakfast: 8:30am. Demo: 9-4pm. Potluck: 12-1pm. Lecture in the evening.
Second Day: Demo: 9am -12pm
Artist studio critiques have been changed to Sunday, November 1st, sign-up sheets are located on the H.O.T. Clay board.
The official schedule will be posted closer to date.
A HUGE thanks to Charity for being the correspondent!
- We will need help with set-up and breakdown preparations. Please volunteer to help with small tasks by signing up on the H.O.T. Clay board located in the hallway.
This week the door prize went to: Christina!